What's the catch

A place for discussions not specifically catered for elsewhere
Theo Dibbits
Master Photographer
Master Photographer

What's the catch

Post by Theo Dibbits »

Tom Gerrard put me on to this and I can not see what the catch is.
http://www.markcleghorn.com/photokit4u/monthly-offers

£ 299 for a two times 400W studio flash kit seems very low. Does anyone have experience with the lumen8 kit?

Theo
oakeycoke
Elite Member
Elite Member

Re: What's the catch

Post by oakeycoke »

Hi Theo,

No catch, knew about this about a fortnight back, the stands are the older non suspension style and there isn't a softbox only umbrellas, unlike the newer Lumen8 kit, however its half price and a bargain if you are after studio kit. The flash tubes cant be replaced manually (or so I read)

Mark Cleghorn is a member of the swpp and runs workshops up and down the country as well as doing the video's for Lastolite, of which there are many on their website. I've booked in for one of his 'Monkey Business' Roadshows in February in Stockport, twenty odd quid for the day.

Phil
Andy C
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by Andy C »

I am just reading a copy of Mark Cleghorn's - The complete guide to Light and have also booked on his monkey business roadshow in stockport :-)
thomasru
Initiate
Initiate

Re: off camera flash

Post by thomasru »

Hi
Saw the thread about the off camera flash. Just thought I'd mention that I was interested in doing this a few years ago. I bought a whole load of kit :oops: well two of each - Avenger Mini Kit Stands( code A615B),+ fittings for the tops ( to hold flash guns) I never got into it really ,I guess because I used film I couldn't see the results and of course when it came back there was shadow where it shouldn't be. :cry:

I was considering putting these on eBay but if anyone is looking for this type of stand or accessory then I can give you more details of what I have and talk about price. :roll:

If I remember right these stands are made by Manfrotto so they are not cheap and nasty.

Tom R 8)
thomasru
Initiate
Initiate

GUESS NOBODY IS INTERESTED

Post by thomasru »

Well I guess I will have to put the items on Ebay, pity :-[ as someone will get good quality gear cheap.

TomR 8)
Andy C
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by Andy C »

Hi tom, i did send you a private message a long while ago about the stands

Andy