B&W Slides

All things relating to Film Photography
HarryG
Elite Member
Elite Member

B&W Slides

Post by HarryG »

Does anyone out there in the ether know that film users can produce beautiful B&W slides from ordinary film stock, from just a change in the way that the film is developed? The slides produce all the wonderful gradations that were seen on the recent Thursday night ‘A Delve In The Archives’.
Who knows, perhaps a B&W slide competition could ‘develop’.
sunsworth
Photographer
Photographer

Post by sunsworth »

Have a look here...

http://www.silverprint.co.uk/chem35.html

There's chemistry for sale and a link to an Ilford PDF describing the process. Click the up arow at the bottom to return to their home page.

From memory there are some additional steps involved including bleaching and re-exposure.
HarryG
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by HarryG »

Thanks Steve, I didn't know that Silverprint offered chemicals.

If there is anyone out there interested in B&W processing, and mixing chemicals isn't a problem, there is a PDF document on Ifords website that explains the process in detail. I once gave a demonstration of the Ilford method at the clubrooms, a long while ago.

If you want a simpler method then the chemicals are available in kit form (cela reversal kit) from Speedibrews. This kit is for all films and gives accurate development times.

Good luck to anyone that tries it and please post your results.
Walter Brooks
Master Photographer
Master Photographer

B and W slides

Post by Walter Brooks »

Waiting for the (soon to be here) darker nights (gets me out of the DIY!) to put together my newly acquired bits into a darkroom ... with both B&W slides and prints on the agenda ... anybody know if the chemical kits process Agfa B&W transparency film? The only firm that I found in Europe is now limiting the service to Germany!

Walter
sunsworth
Photographer
Photographer

Post by sunsworth »

Google is your friend <grin>

http://www.agfascala.co.uk/
Walter Brooks
Master Photographer
Master Photographer

Post by Walter Brooks »

Thanks Steve ...
Walter
pammie
Master Photographer
Master Photographer

Post by pammie »

Hey I remember using Tmax 100 asa as a slide film at 50 asa, reversed processed and getting monochrome slides. The results were quite good as I remeber, I used it to get some documentary shots of bike racing at Oulton Park, and then out together an AV for the club I was in at the time.