Reference 02: Logging In (Automatic)

Please post questions here that relate to the website or forum
TerryMooney

Reference 02: Logging In (Automatic)

Post by TerryMooney »

I'm experiencing a slight problem at 'Log In' in that I have to repeat the procedure before I get acknowledged. :!: :?

TerryMooney
John
Iconic Photographer
Iconic Photographer

Post by John »

I still have the same problem as well, but not all the time. It seems the forum remembers me for some of the time and then suddenly doesn't. When I do have to log in I always have to do it twice.

So far there's not been a solution to this glitch, but I'm sure there will be one. I suspect it is a foible of the PC I usually use. Sue's is fine.
Best regards

John
Sue Boon
Elite Member
Elite Member

Logging in twice

Post by Sue Boon »

I am also having to log in twice - on my PC at home and the one at work (in my lunch break). The first time I log in it shows me at the bottom as being online but not at the top, and doesn't give me access to the Committee part. When I log in a second time it shows me as being logged in at the top of the page and I can then view and access the Committee section. At first I presumed it was just me, but now I realise others are having the problem as well. :?
Regards
Sue B
John
Iconic Photographer
Iconic Photographer

Post by John »

We are investigating this and some progress is being made.

It would be helpful if those having problems would post here what Web Browser they are using - e.g., Internet Explorer 6 or 7, Opera, Firefox 1 or 2, etc.

Sue R is using IE6 with no problems, I am using IE7 and having the log in problem.
Best regards

John
TerryMooney

Logging In

Post by TerryMooney »

John - I'm using Internet Explorer 6.

TerryMooney :? :? :?
John
Iconic Photographer
Iconic Photographer

Post by John »

Now here's a thought. I seem to have cleared my login problem.

Normally I put the PC into standby, sometimes for weeks at a time. I've just restarted and the login appears to be now working normally.

Sometimes the obvious is worth a try. To confirm this might be a solution, perhaps anyone who tends to do the same might try it and report back?
Best regards

John
Mike
Iconic Photographer
Iconic Photographer
Spam Protection: No

Post by Mike »

Sometimes a cache or cookie causes this problem and just clearning temp internet files, cookies and cache will solve the problem. I am using Firefox and Safari and they are not giving me any issues at the moment.

Doing this will lose your internet browsing history and your log in details (if you use auto log in) at other websites.

On Internet Explorer you could try to specifically 'Allow' cookies from the domain name http://www.adapsuk.org - this may help. It could be a security setting on IE which is causing problems too. Can people post some more details of the set up and I will look into it in more detail when I return from my Honeymoon (or another admin will do it in my absense!).

Thanks
--------------------------
http://www.rileyuk.co.uk
John
Iconic Photographer
Iconic Photographer

Post by John »

I've now been trying Firefox 2 for long enough to be sure that it has solved any login problems.

If you install and run it as a second web browser without importing any information and without making it your default then it will be a totally clean installation and it won't carry over any problems.

I am now using it for a handful of websites where there have been issues.

You can get Firefox 2 at

http://www.mozilla-europe.org/en/products

If you want to have an alternative to Outlook Express then I can also recommend Thunderbird from the same company.
Best regards

John
TerryMooney

Problem Logging In

Post by TerryMooney »

John - Tried logging in via Firefox and it works first time.
Also the 'auto log in' works as well.

Thanks for the tip - TerryMooney :D
Sue Boon
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by Sue Boon »

I am using IE7 on both PCs. I have cleared temp internet files, cookies etc and my login problem seems to be sorted. Thanks.

Sue B