Annual competitions

A place for discussions not specifically catered for elsewhere
Theo Dibbits
Master Photographer
Master Photographer

Annual competitions

Post by Theo Dibbits »

We have now published the new 2012 annual competition forms on the ADAPS website. (thank you Paul)

Please read the category definitions carefully in particular the natural history, monochrome and record ones.

Prints
Basically the same as for the monthlies but with a category on the back.

Digital

Pay attention!!!!!!

All the images in one folder with your name on it. (if your name is "annual 2012" you better pay your subs :lol: )
NO numbers, categories, membership numbers etc. only the titles (example: sunrise over Atherton)
1400 x 1050 px sRGB

Both competitions require the completed entry form but if you are entering by email you can put the information in your email.
Please DO NOT put a folder called "annual 2012" or something similar inside the folder with your name.
Just put all the images in the folder with your name and zip it up if you are emailing it.

You can enter 1 image per category per competition i.e. a maximum total of 12 images (6 prints and 6 digital)

Any questions just ASK

Theo
John
Iconic Photographer
Iconic Photographer

Re: Annual competitions

Post by John »

Thanks Theo, we've downloaded our entry forms and can start planning our pictures now.

Good luck to everybody!
Best regards

John
mikeaspinall
Master Photographer
Master Photographer
Spam Protection: Maybe

Post by mikeaspinall »

Hi Theo

Good stuff as usual but could I just check up on one thing please?

After a visit from Bob Denis ( I think) where he reckoned that Natural History would now include zoo animals in L&CPU competitions I
hoped that this would apply to our own Annual entries. It seems to be fair to us who cannot get to Africa, America or the Far East to
get pictures of wildlife in their natural habitat so can we now submit images taken in zoos/animal parks etc.?

Just thought that I'd ask as I blew it last year.

Michael
Theo Dibbits
Master Photographer
Master Photographer

Post by Theo Dibbits »

Good point Mike

Unfortunately Bob Dennis appears to be making his own rules here. Both the PAGB and FIAP rules have not been changed.

To level the playing field a little I will accept images that show animals in their natural environment regardless of where it was taken. This does not mean that by cropping a lion's head down to the eyes it qualifies.

The important part is "in its natural environment"

Theo