A place for discussions not specifically catered for elsewhere
collier15
Spam Protection: No

Post by collier15 »

hello all,

I'm new to the forum and I also came to the meeting on Thursday for the first time for your annual competition and there were loads of pictures I don't think im up to that standard quite yet and it was a good evening and I met paul jones who I had previously e-mailed and he also suggested that I posted some pictures on here.

So here a couple which I took last weekend at the three sisters circuit these were taken on a Panasonic fz8 bridge on the intelligent iso setting even though I've had the camera a couple of years I still don't know how to use it fully as it should be so any feedback will be welcomed.

thanks in advance

michael :-d
Attachments
i'm winning.JPG
i'm winning.JPG (213.34 KiB) Viewed 4315 times
drink my spray.JPG
drink my spray.JPG (187.66 KiB) Viewed 4315 times
Paul Jones
Iconic Photographer
Iconic Photographer

Re: Newbie

Post by Paul Jones »

Hi MIchael

Thanks for joining our forum. :D

Motorsport is a tricky subject to master, but I think you're off to a good start. I'm sure that we have people at the club who can help you. We have a long history of helping beginners become competition winners.

Hopefully see you at ADAPS again soon.
Paul
================
http://www.PaulJones.org

"As usual Paul is absolutely correct."
"In short, Paul is an absolutely brilliant mentor."
Janice Freeman
Iconic Photographer
Iconic Photographer

Post by Janice Freeman »

Hi Michael and welcome to ADAPs. You have made a good move in accessing the club. I joined just over 16 months ago as a complete beginner and with the help of club members and viewing their work, feel that I have really improved. It is a friendly club and experienced members are only to willing to share their knowledge. The forum competition is good to enter and you will get some really good feedback on your photos. Hope to see you at the next meeting.

Janice. :D
"A good snapshot stops a moment from running away" Eudora Welty
Stu B
Master Photographer
Master Photographer
Spam Protection: Maybe

Post by Stu B »

Hi Michael,

These pictures are a decent effort. I'm glad to welcome another fan to the club. Motorsport is a fast action event, which requires a lot of skill to perfect. Essentially in the panning action of the camera. Not the best of days, light wise you chose here. Though you do get the benefit of the spray. Which adds a speed effect. They have nice composition. I think the first basic thing I would apply to both these images is a crop. There is no interest in both these images to the trees in the background. If you crop these away it will focus the eye more on the action itself. Which in motorsort is essentially what your after. Keep up with it...
Regards

Stuart....
collier15

Post by collier15 »

hi,
thanks for your your comments yes paul motorsport is quite tricky I have tried many times over the years especially like on sunday in the rain but at least it was not to cold.

jannice, I was recommended by paul to join the forum as for the pictures I have taken I think they can get only get better with the advice from the members from the forum and the the club. I wont be at the meeting on Thursday but more than likely will be there on the 9th.

stu b, thanks for your comments I heard that the karts were on just turned up and took a few shots these are untouched I just re sized them to upload I see your point about the trees. as for the motorsport I like the karts but mostly I like watching the rallying but not been for a while I really need to go soon. just to let you know that wigan motor club are at the three sisters on sat 11 may.

again many thanks :-d