NIKON D40 For Sale.

All things relating to Digital Photography
yachtsman1
Master Photographer
Master Photographer
Spam Protection: No

NIKON D40 For Sale.

Post by yachtsman1 »

After much soul searching my wife has agreed to join me in using a bridge camera. So with great reluctance she is selling her mint condition D40 with a Nikon 18-105 zoom lens, F/3.5-5.6. It is complete with the original boxes, manual, strap, battery & charger hood & all the other bits & pieces that came with it. There is also a holster type case, extra battery, 2 cards, clear filter, & there has been a protector on the screen from new & the lens has never been off so there should be no dust problems. I wasn't sure what to ask for it, looking on Amazon they range from £210 to £1000, this one has around 5700 shutter actuations. Among the Nikon fraternity, it is known to be a gem & much sought after.
However, she needs to sell it to buy a new one so I thought I would offer it on here before trying Preloved, she isn't in a hurry to let it go, but after a trip to Tesco's today & seeing what bridge cameras were on offer, she asked me to put it up for sale. Her asking price is £200, no offers. I will leave this on here for a week & if there is no interest, it will go on Preloved. This is the link to Amazon http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nikon-D40-Zoom- ... =nikon+d40
Any trial or inspection, just PM me.
Eric.
John
Iconic Photographer
Iconic Photographer

Re: NIKON D40 For Sale.

Post by John »

Sorry to have to remove the pictures, but could you post links please rather than using copyright images. Much obliged!
Best regards

John
Mrs Sales

Post by Mrs Sales »

:twisted: John you sod !!
I was just zoomed in on that photo to google the lens as a fit for my d3200 :e:
... //(*_*)\\ ++++++ //(*_*)\\ ... Image
yachtsman1
Master Photographer
Master Photographer

Post by yachtsman1 »

I trust these are in order?
These are original pictures taken this morning, you can check the exif info which will give the shutter count as well as any other info you require. Since posting the add, my wife has decided to keep the holster bag, however to compensate, there is also an IR shutter release & a 45 degree angle view finder. The tripod QR plate is excluded.
Eric
Nikon D40 For sale with 18-105 VR Lens. by E & MS, on Flickr

collier15

Post by collier15 »

Whoever buy's this get's a good deal as i have bought a second hand 18-105 about 3 weeks ago and paid £180

Michael :-d
yachtsman1
Master Photographer
Master Photographer

Post by yachtsman1 »

collier15 wrote:Whoever buy's this get's a good deal as i have bought a second hand 18-105 about 3 weeks ago and paid £180

Michael :-d
Maybe you should have shopped around? :-O http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... ink:top:en
Eric.
yachtsman1
Master Photographer
Master Photographer

Post by yachtsman1 »

The camera is now on Preloved http://www.preloved.co.uk/adverts/show/ ... -lens.html at £225 OVNO +£10 if posted. Still £200 collected to ADAPS. Ebay next unfortunately.
Eric.
yachtsman1
Master Photographer
Master Photographer

Post by yachtsman1 »

This item is now also on Ebay at £225 OVNO, still £200 to any ADAPS members.
Eric
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 1256754996
yachtsman1
Master Photographer
Master Photographer

Post by yachtsman1 »

I had a bid of £190, unforunately my wife said "turn it down" & it didn't get any higher :( . So I've told her the only way is to sell it as an auction item, I re-listed it today with a start price of £150, hoping for £200, if you want to try a bid, the link is http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/111264455947? ... 1558.l2649
Eric.
yachtsman1
Master Photographer
Master Photographer

Post by yachtsman1 »

Last chance to bag a bargain, just over 2 days to go on Ebay, 1 bid of £150, buy now disappeared, 14 watchers. As an added sweetener to ADAPS cash buyers only, buy it from Preloved, pay cash & collect, & I'll throw in a 145cm high Polaroid black tripod, still boxed & unused, pan & tilt head, quick release plate, weight hook, rubber or spiked feet, even a carrying case. Bought for one of my lamp projects but never used.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
Eric.
For Sale on Preloved & Ebay by E & MS, on Flickr

Polaroid Tripod by E & MS, on Flickr

P1030330 by E & MS, on Flickr
yachtsman1
Master Photographer
Master Photographer

Post by yachtsman1 »

Item now sold.
Eric. :D
yachtsman1
Master Photographer
Master Photographer

Post by yachtsman1 »

The new Fuji SL1000 arrived Monday from Amazon, amazing delivery time considering I hadn't taken the next day service. First impressions on opening the box, much more solid affair to my Panasonic FZ150., menu quite easy to set up (had 2 other Fuji cameras in the past so didn't find it difficult). Disappointed to find you can't fit a lens hood or filter/protector, and on first look couldn't open the viewing screen with the QR tripod plate fitted, since discovered it could open from the top or bottom, so that cured that. Tried some indoor shots & looked quite good & yesterday went out in a sunny gale & took some shots. Back home, tried to install the software, it stuck halfway, so uninstalled what had gone in & connected the camera to down load the pics & vid'. Zilch, the PC wouldn't recognise the camera, no bing bong. Eventually rang Fuji support on a pay number as the free number was disconnected. Spoke to support, who tried every reason under the sun my PC was the problem. Eventually after 20 minutes, he suggested trying another computer & if that didn't work, send it back. By this time my better half was almost in tears. I fired up the lap top, connected the camera, zilch. The box was in the bin, so as a last ditch attempt, I tried the USB cable from my camera, BING BONG, success. Contacted Amazon to get a replacement cable, they could only offer a new camera, I pleaded & they changed it to a 10% refund, I agreed. Just received the screen saver I ordered & it's too small, hope this isn't going to turn into another saga.
Eric
BTW pics look great, offered my Wife a swop, she said NO.!
Fujifilm Finepix SL1000 by -Neotrix-, on Flickr