Voigtlander Bessa III

All things relating to Film Photography
John
Iconic Photographer
Iconic Photographer

Voigtlander Bessa III

Post by John »

Here's one that will strike a chord with collectors of older cameras (not "old camera collectors" as someone put iy in another forum):

http://www.amateurphotographer.co.uk/ne ... 68910.html

For those who don't know, the pinnacle of folding camera design was the 6x9cm format Voigtlander Bessa II, particularly with its 105mm f4.5 Apo-Lanthar lens. If you find one of these, then its second hand value is about £2000.

So Fujifilm are revisiting the design type and marketing it outside Japan as Voigtlander. Interesting.
Best regards

John
Walter Brooks
Master Photographer
Master Photographer

Re: Voigtlander Bessa III

Post by Walter Brooks »

The European price and launch date of the Voigtländer Bessa III medium format rangefinder camera have been confirmed. The Bessa III, announced last autumn, now has a confirmed MSRP of 1999 euros. Availability is May 2009. The Voigtländer Bessa III 667 (marketed in Japan as the Fujifilm GF670) is a folding bellows camera that uses 120 and 220 format roll film. With a special selector switch, you can specify whether you want it to shoot a 6x6 or a 6x7cm frame (the actual dimensions are 56x56mm and 56x69mm, respectively). The Bessa III features a HELIAR 80mm f/3.5 lens, whose angle of view is 53 degrees for 6x6cm frames, and 57 degrees for 6x7cm ones. Just in case anyone is interested ... 8)
“The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera.”
― Dorothea Lange
John
Iconic Photographer
Iconic Photographer

Re: Voigtlander Bessa III

Post by John »

I'm interested and if I were still using film I'd want one of these. Actually I still want one, but have no use for it, which is a shame.
Best regards

John