Thursday 17th January Adrian Lines Achieving Distinction

A place for Syllabus Updates and Comments
Gill Blower
Iconic Photographer
Iconic Photographer

Thursday 17th January Adrian Lines Achieving Distinction

Post by Gill Blower »

This Thursday our speaker is Adrian Lines DPAGB ARPS BPE4*, a member of Wigan Photographic Society and also an L & CPU Judge.

Adrian's talk is entitled 'Achieving Distinction' and is split into two halves. The first half involves, showing a 'before' and 'after' of some of his more successful images and 'showing/discussing' a selection of his prints in the second half.

The talk will be of interest to everyone - those who already enter Salons/L&CPU/PAGB competitions etc and are looking to improve their results, those of us who haven't quite plucked up the courage yet and are looking for guidance, and also our less experienced members looking for inspiration to enter their first competition at club level.

Adrian is making a welcome return to the Club - the last time was as a Judge! This is one not to be missed.
Tracey McGovern
Iconic Photographer
Iconic Photographer

Re: Thursday 17th January Adrian Lines Achieving Distinctio

Post by Tracey McGovern »

Hi

What a fantastic night..!!! Adrian's talk was very entertaining, not only was he willing to share his secrets with us but he was also very funny and didn't take himself too seriously. His work is outstanding, it's no wonder he does so well in the competitions. What I particularly liked about this evening was that he allowed us to handle the images and have a proper good look at them and appreciate the work that went into each image. And how generous is he...!!!! To allow us to have any of the images we wanted, thank you Adrian for letting me have Autumn Flame, I'm going to get it framed, the colours will match my bedroom perfectly.

Thanks again and may your competition winning continue.

Best Wishes

Tracey
Janice Freeman
Iconic Photographer
Iconic Photographer
Spam Protection: No

Post by Janice Freeman »

Sounds like it has been a very good night. Disappointed that I could not make it but have been a little unwell today.

Janice.
"A good snapshot stops a moment from running away" Eudora Welty
John
Iconic Photographer
Iconic Photographer

Post by John »

It was a tremendous night, very inspiring. We hope to have Adrian back sometime soon. 5S
Best regards

John
Gill Blower
Iconic Photographer
Iconic Photographer

Post by Gill Blower »

WOW! I knew we were in for a good night when we booked Adrian and I was not disappointed. It was great to see how his images were put together set by step, built up from his extensive library of animals, people, clouds etc. I was surprised how well the use of overlays worked to bring each image together. Adrian's enthusiasm for his work was obvious and I would like to thank him for sharing his ideas with us!

Adrian does another talk, together with his wife Jane, and I will definitely be booking that in for later in the year.

Thanks to everyone who made the effort to turn out in the really cold conditions - it was an excellent night and good to see some new visitors to the club too.

P.S John, there is someone out there with even wilder ideas than your :lol:
DaveSouthern
Elite Member
Elite Member
Spam Protection: Maybe

Post by DaveSouthern »

I really enjoyed Adrian Lines presentation on Thursday evening.

The prints that he passed around looked better than the digitally projected images.

Let`s hope he get`s booked again for another presentation soon.

It`s no wnder he gets all those accolades and awards.

Yet another excellant evening.

May the Force be with you.

Dave
BydoR9
Master Photographer
Master Photographer

Post by BydoR9 »

Adrian was fantastic! I had a great evening :). I particularly loved his animal head series, it wouldn't surprise me if someone commissioned Adrian to illustrate a dark childrens book in the near future.

Totally agree with the comments that his work shines even more brightly in printed form - his style has a very painterly feel and works really well with the textured paper and a frame around it.

Superb stuff!
Andy.
allanhamer

Post by allanhamer »

Great night Adrian. Amazing to think what Adrian has achieved, I recall him mentioning starting in 2006/2007. A very inspiring night with wonderful digital processes and pictures to see followed by his excelent prints collection.

Great stuff Adrian, I learned so much. Look forward to seeing him back at some point.

Allan
FrankH
Initiate
Initiate

Post by FrankH »

"WOW" Adrian you realy gave us food for thought.
That much we should never go hungry for idea's ever again. :-]