Nikon D800E and Pentax K-5 IIs

All things relating to Digital Photography
John
Iconic Photographer
Iconic Photographer

Nikon D800E and Pentax K-5 IIs

Post by John »

As mentioned in my talk a couple of weeks ago, there are now at least two manufacturers who are offering a camera variant where the anti-aliasing (AA) filter is removed. This means the potential for higher resolution, weighed against the possibility of increased moire (interference patterns) effects.

I have now completed my test of the K-5 IIs, having previously tested the K-5 II in November. It will be published on ePHOTOzine probably early next week, so I can't steal their thunder by telling you the conclusion! However, I can share with you the sample images shot, which they have published here:

http://www.ephotozine.com/article/penta ... otos-21132

Also, at the same time I received the new SMC Pentax-DA 18-270mm lens and the test images for that are published here:

http://www.ephotozine.com/article/penta ... otos-21129

I'll post a link to the full review when it appears.
Best regards

John
John
Iconic Photographer
Iconic Photographer

Re: Nikon D800E and Pentax K-5 IIs

Post by John »

The Pentax K-5 IIs review is now available here: http://www.ephotozine.com/article/penta ... view-21127

So, does the removal of the AA filter make a difference worth the price penalty? Read it and see! :-]
Best regards

John
Simon-vtr
President
President
Spam Protection: No

Re: Nikon D800E and Pentax K-5 IIs

Post by Simon-vtr »

Hi John
just spotted this on Nikon web site and I'm a wear this battery is used in the Nikon D800 I'm a Nikon user and have
just checked my battery's and mine are ok Simon

Support & Downloads Article 52326
Notice to users of the EN-EL15 Rechargeable Li-ion Battery< Back to Results
This is an important announcement regarding the EN-EL15 battery which is used in the Nikon D7000, D800, D800E and Nikon 1 V1 cameras.

While Nikon takes great measures to assure high quality products, it has come to our attention that a certain number of EN-EL15 batteries manufactured by one of our suppliers did not meet Nikon’s internal quality standards. In extremely rare cases, this may cause the battery to overheat and the exterior casing to become deformed. Batteries exhibiting this problem have only been confirmed in the Nikon manufacturing process. We have received no reports of this problem from the market. Therefore, in order to ensure the safety of our customers and their equipment, we have initiated a voluntary replacement scheme for applicable products.

Customers using an applicable EN-EL15 battery may request a replacement battery as indicated below.

Applicable batteries
Locate the lot number for your EN-EL15 battery. Lot numbers are alphanumeric characters printed at the bottom of the name plate on the bottom of the battery as shown below.

Check the 9th digit of the lot number as indicated below.

- If the 9th digit of the EN-EL15 battery lot number is E or F then the battery needs to be replaced as it may be affected by this issue.

- If the 9th digit of the EN-EL15 battery lot number is A, B, C, D, G or any subsequent letter in the alphabet then the battery is safe to use.

This issue does not apply to EN-EL15 batteries supplied with the D7000 and Nikon 1 V1 purchased before February 29, 2012 or to batteries purchased individually before February 29, 2012.

How to get a replacement battery
Please contact Customer Support to find out where to send your battery and how long it will be before a replacement can be sent.

Article No : 52326 Date published 24/04/2012
Date last updated 09/11/2012
How useful was this article?
Not at allRate answer 1 of 5 Rate answer 2 of 5 Rate answer 3 of 5 Rate answer 4 of 5 Rate answer 5 of 5 Very
Add to favourites Print this page Tell a friend Share
< Back to Results
^ Back To Top
Related articles which may be useful:
How to register for the Nikon 2 Year Warranty
D7000 Firmware Update A 1.02, B 1.03
EN-EL3 rechargeable battery recall
EN-EL rechargeable battery information
Which 'AA' type batteries can I use with my COOLPIX camera