A place for discussions not specifically catered for elsewhere
Stbourne
Elite Member
Elite Member
Spam Protection: No

Post by Stbourne »

Hi all,
having visited the club on 3 occassions I decided to sign up and hopefully make lots of new friends, hopefully getting lots of advice and instruction from the club\members. The nights I visited were all 'comp' nights and the beauty and skill of all the images I have seen inspired me to join to see if I can get (in time) up to that level of proficiency.
Unfortunately I have to have an 8 week absence do to the Wife (Boss) going on a evening course which only finishes at 9pm, and I will be entertaining our lovely 15mnth old daughter (no doubt there will be a portrait or 2 of her seen soon).
I would be keen to hear of any workgroups\lessons on any aspect of photography\image retouching as I am a beginner at all levels.
Sorry for the novel but I wont get to speak in person for a while and will be checking in on the forum regularly.

Shaun
John
Iconic Photographer
Iconic Photographer

Re: New Member

Post by John »

Welcome Shaun. Keep an eye open for announcements on this forum and also on the Syllabus section of the site. Summer is almost upon us, so trips out will be on the agenda as well.

So far we have Haddon Hall and Lincoln, so perhaps you can bring the family too.
Best regards

John
Paul Jones
Iconic Photographer
Iconic Photographer

Post by Paul Jones »

Stbourne wrote: I would be keen to hear of any workgroups\lessons on any aspect of photography\image retouching as I am a beginner at all levels.
Hi Shaun

It might be an idea to buddy up with a couple of other members and go out some weekends and take photos. I'm sure you'll get some interest if you suggest a location and date.

Like you, my brother Phil is just getting into photography. Last Saturday we went out for the day to practice taking photographs. In the evening we went through his images on the computer and critiqued each one. He loved it and learned a lot.

You'll get there...... ;-]
Paul
================
http://www.PaulJones.org

"As usual Paul is absolutely correct."
"In short, Paul is an absolutely brilliant mentor."
Phil Jones

Post by Phil Jones »

Hi Shaun.
As always, Paul is certainly correct!!
We had a great day out in Frodsham last Saturday. I learned loads of stuff.
I've only been going to ADAPS a few weeks myself so I'm still very much at the newbie stage, but everyone I've spoken to has been most helpful & friendly.
Hope you enjoy it as much as I do,

Phil.
Stbourne
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by Stbourne »

Thanks Paul/Phil.
Week off this week so hopefully I'll get chance
for a trip or 2 out and get some practice in.

Cheers

Shaun