Thursday 7th March 2013 - AV Night

A place for Syllabus Updates and Comments
Gill Blower
Iconic Photographer
Iconic Photographer

Thursday 7th March 2013 - AV Night

Post by Gill Blower »

Hi everyone

This is your early warning for the AV Night to give you plenty of time to prepare! :ch:

We are looking for an AV of up to 10 minutes long (maximum) on any topic, perhaps a club trip, a vacation or just some of your favourite images. If you would like to produce more than one that's fine but it will depend on how many members enter whether we will have time to show more than one per person. You can hand your AV in either before or on the night on a USB memory stick, with your name on it please.

These events have been a popular way for members to showcase their work in a different format. At last, we will be able to put into practice what Sue Riley showed us in December!

So get your thinking caps on.............
John
Iconic Photographer
Iconic Photographer

Re: Thursday 7th March 2013 - AV Night

Post by John »

Please submit self-executing files, such as Pictures2Exe, or at least something you are sure will play on any Windows computer!
Best regards

John
danny
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by danny »

Hi Gill can I use my iPad to show av as do not have a av programme, I have all the cables and know it will show using our prejecter I don't mind going last to set up device Danny
John
Iconic Photographer
Iconic Photographer

Post by John »

I don't see a problem Danny, we found out it works the other week and it will only take a moment or two.
Best regards

John
John
Iconic Photographer
Iconic Photographer

Post by John »

The AV shows are coming in steadily and any that have been handed to me have been tested.

It's best if we use Pictures2Exe as that works on any computer. Any other programs that produce self-executing files should be OK too.
Best regards

John
keith richardson
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by keith richardson »

And don't forget that tonight is also the closing date for handing in your entries for the March monthly competition in two weeks time.
You can bring them on a CD or pendrive or email them to me at compsec.adaps@gmail.com

The judge for this final night of the season is John Smith, who has been to the club many times and has judged many of our previous competitions.

Keith.