SEA GHOST
SEA GHOST.jpg (50.78 KiB) Viewed 3360 times
mike-e
Elite Member
Elite Member
Spam Protection: No

Re: SEA GHOST

Post by mike-e »

Really like the colour co-ordination in this Gerry. and the mood it invokes. Small niggle for me though

The girls still look as though they have been added, I think its because the seaspray that would be prevalent in the scene doesnt appear around them, so they would appear more in the scene - a bit like the rhino picture you created with the haze to just soften the 'joins' - rather than on it.

Secondly, the story telling aspect of the taller girl looking out and toward the younger girl is right it works, but, I think the lighting on the little girl is too bright and contrasty for where she is in the frame, and compared to the other girl. maybe an adjustment of those tonal balances will lessen the effect for what is a super image.
I really like the colour to this, small matching range of colours work really well.
I hope you find these comments helpful
Mike -e
paulinefisher
Photographer
Photographer
Spam Protection: Maybe

Re: SEA GHOST

Post by paulinefisher »

Hi Gerry, if I may be so bold?
Both of the girls still look 'added' and need to become more a part of the image, at the moment they do look a little bit stuck on, particularly the top 2/3rds of each girl. What I really find most distracting is that the dress of the closest figure looks an obvious wedding dress style which somehow doesn't fit within the image. I wonder if the foreground figure is actually needed? I do like the idea and the ethereal quality of the image. The colours are beautiful.

Pauline